Proposed Timber Utilisation Plan, 2017 – 2019/20
VicForests' proposed Timber Utilisation Plan, 2017 – 2019/20
- Transfer of a number of coupes from current WUPs to the TUP;
- Inclusion of a number of coupes from current WUPs to the TUP where boundary modifications have also been completed;
- The sustainable addition of new coupes to meet supply commitments;
A summary of the proposed changes is provided in the following table, indicating the number of proposed coupes within each Forest Management Area (FMA)
Proposed TUP Summary: Number of Proposed Coupes by Forest Management Area
|Forest Management Area||Transferred from existing WUP||Transferred from existing WUP with boundary amendment||New coupe||Totals|
Stakeholder Consultation on the proposed TUP
(20 February to 24 March 2017)
Community feedback is sought on specific operational aspects of our proposed new harvesting locations or boundary changes. This process is an opportunity to provide comment regarding concerns with:
- The timing of harvesting operations;
- The use of particular haulage routes;
- The proximity of proposed harvesting to private property or public use areas; or
- The identification and protection of other forest values within specific harvesting sites.
Timber Utilisation Plan Schedules (tables)
- Summary of the proposed Timber Utilisation Plan
- TUP Schedule of proposed coupes for standard operations
- TUP Schedule of proposed coupes for hazardous tree removal and salvage provision
- Coupe number index - tables to allow identification of altered coupe numbers between current WUPs and the proposed TUP
- The gross area of the coupe, which is the area within which harvesting may occur
- The silviculture category from which the harvesting method will be determined
The categories used to describe the TUP modification type within the TUP schedule are outlined below:
- New coupe: New area proposed for harvesting which is not on a current Wood Utilisation Plan;
- Transfer from existing WUP: A coupe included in the proposed TUP which is on a current approved WUP;
- Boundary amendment: A coupe included in the proposed TUP where the boundary has been modified from that on a current approved WUP.
To view VicForests' Proposed TUP schedules and associated documentation, please click on the below link:
Timber Utilisation Plan Maps
- The ‘gross’ area of a coupe within which harvesting may take place. The gross area may include areas which will not be harvested to aid operational efficiencies or to align the boundary to a feature in the landscape (e.g. a road).
- Forest management zones, major forest roads and towns
Interactive web map
Click on one of the links below for an overview of areas covered by the proposed Timber Utilisation Plan.
(Note: It is recommended to use Firefox or Google Chrome to view the Interactive Map)
Information on use of the interactive map can be located via the TRP Interactive map guide available via the link below.
(Note: There will be some discrepancies between the TRP and the TUP interactive maps).
Proposed Timber Utilisation Plan PDF Maps - Standard operations
The maps below show the location of coupes proposed for inclusion in the Timber Utilisation Plan for standard operations. All maps are in .pdf format.
Benalla/ Mansfield FMA
Central Gippsland FMA
East Gippsland FMA
Proposed Timber Utilisation Plan Maps - Hazardous tree removal and salvage provision
The maps below show the location of coupes proposed for inclusion in the Timber Utilisation Plan for hazardous tree removal relating to fuel reduction burns and salvage provision. All maps are in .pdf format.
Location of map sheets
The location of map sheets can be seen via the link below.