VicForests would like to thank everyone who supported us throughout 2017 and would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.
Despite being presented with challenges this year, the timber industry has experienced many positives.
The View - November 2017
- Researching Forest Birds through Acoustic Monitoring
- VicForests Reports Positive Operating Result
- Community Engagement Activities
- Timber Harvesting Delayed
- Parliamentary Inquiry Report
- VAFI Annual Dinner 2017
- Strong Government Stance On Illegal Logging Welcomed By Sustainable Australian Forest Industry
- Celebrating 70 years of Fenning
- Latest News
Stakeholder Update - VicForests 2017 Annual Report
VicForests Annual Report was tabled in parliament on Thursday 19 October 2017 with our results from the 2016-17 financial year.
We are proud to have reported a positive operating result before tax of $1.5 million after a year that presented many operational challenges. This result highlights the excellent work our staff and contractors have done this year as well as a continued demand for native timber in Victoria.
- Heyfield Mill sale
- Leadbeater's Possum status under review
- Investigating Leadbeater's Possum habitat use
- Australian forest industry leaders descend on Canberra for Gala Dinner
- FSC Update
- VicForests welcomes community input
- Community Support Program 2017 outcomes
- Southern Australia Seasonal Bushfire Outlook 2017
- Latest News
Stakeholder Update - July 2017
Please click here to read an update regarding the koala investigation.
Please click here to read an update regarding the discovery of the koala in a recently harvested area.
The View - May 2017
The View - April 2017
Stakeholder Update - Heyfield mill announcement - March 2017
You may be aware of media reports this afternoon indicating that Australian Sustainable Hardwoods (ASH) will close its mill in Heyfield by September 2018.
This follows confirmation earlier today that ASH and the State Government have been unable to agree to terms over future timber supply following a final offer made to the owners of the mill by the Government this week.