A $2,000 investment in Warragul-based charity, Baw Baw Combined Churches Food Relief, will go towards helping more than 700 families within the Baw Baw Shire access emergency food supplies.
The grant was provided by VicForests, as part of its Community Support Program, and will go towards the operational costs of the volunteer-run organisation, which relies on donations and contributions to continue providing its vital services to those in need.
A low intensity timber harvesting operation will commence in the Strathbogies State forest in January 2018.
VicForests’ General Manager Stakeholders and Planning, Lachlan Spencer, said the operation will use the single-tree selection harvesting method.
- Researching Forest Birds through Acoustic Monitoring
- VicForests Reports Positive Operating Result
- Community Engagement Activities
- Timber Harvesting Delayed
- Parliamentary Inquiry Report
- VAFI Annual Dinner 2017
- Strong Government Stance On Illegal Logging Welcomed By Sustainable Australian Forest Industry
- Celebrating 70 years of Fenning
- Latest News